Y'all. I am so thrilled with how simple and easy this craft was! It literally took less than 10 minutes and now I have a cutie patootie necklace. Scarf? I'm calling it a necklace.
Inspired by this pin:
1. Gather your supplies: Hubby's old t-shirt, rotary cutter (optional), scissors. Yep, that's it.
2. Lay your t-shirt out flat.
3. Cut off bottom hem.
4. Cut 12 1/2" strips (just eyeball it - no need for perfection).
5. Cut one end of each strip so you have long strips of fabric instead of big loops.
6. Pull each strip tightly so the fabric curls in on itself.
7. Then you should have a big pile!
8. Gather all the strips together and tie a knot in one end.
9. Separate the strips into 3 groups of 4.
10. Braid the strips until you have about 10" of braid, then tie another knot to secure.
11. Determine how long you want your necklace, then loop the unbraided end around and tie it onto the braid. (If you want the necklace to lay more flat on your neck, you can hot glue the ends together then hot glue a square of fabric on top to disguise the glue.)
12. Cut the excess fabric as close to the knots as possible. That's it!
Easy and super cute, right?
I sometimes participate in these parties: Sunday: DIY Showoff, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, It's Overflowing; Monday: Sew Chatty, Monday Funday, Sew Can Do, Today's Creative Blog, Craft-O-Maniac, Mad in Crafts, Skip to My Lou; Tuesday: Not Just a Housewife, A Bowl Full of Lemons; Wednesday: Someday Crafts, We Are THAT Family, Ginger Snap Crafts; Thursday: House of Hepworths, The Girl Creative, Seven Thirty Three, The CSI Project, A Glimpse Inside, Between U and Me; Friday: My Repurposed Life, Whipperberry, Tatertots and Jello; Saturday: Funky Junk Interiors